Sonic Ether’s Unbelievable Shaders Mod for Minecraft 1.7.1 and 1.7.2. This mod is a “mod of a mod” (original mod here created by daxnitro and edited/updated by karyonix: GLSL Shaders) that makes your Minecraft look simply unbelievably good!
This mod adds shaders to Minecraft in a post-process manner that simulate different effects that occur in the real-world in how light reacts with objects and with the human eye. This mod also adds dynamic movement to flora and fire. Note: This mod was configured with a high-spec system in mind. If you run vanilla Minecraft with max view distance and fancy settings at around 100+ fps and most modern games at med-high to high settings, then this mod should run fine for you. Read further down in the Tweaks section for how to get better performance out of this mod.
Sonic Ether’s Unbelievable Shaders Mod for Minecraft 1.7.1 and 1.7.2 Installation
- Download the latest version of the GLSL Shaders Mod
- Read the filename of the GLSL Shaders Mod. Its name contains information about what version of Minecraft and Optifine should be used with it. “mc1.4.6″ means it is to be used with Minecraft version 1.4.6 (and 1.4.7 in this special case). “ofuD5″ means it is to be used with OptiFine HD Ultra D5 (the “u” stands for “Ultra” and D5 corresponds to the version).
- Download the correct version of OptiFine that corresponds to the version of GLSL Shaders.
- Put these mods in a place that you can recall later (like .minecraft/mods)
- Download a shaderpack from the SHADERPACKS section above and put the zip file here: .minecraftshaderpacks To access the .minecraft folder, press Start and type “%appdata%” (without quotations) and click the “Roaming” folder that appears. There you will find the .minecraft folder
- Download Magic Launcher. It is a very very useful tool that you will not regret downloading!
- Run Magic Launcher executable and click “Setup”
- Click “New” at the top right to create a new Minecraft launch configuration and name it so you can keep track of it
- Remove any mods already added to the list by selecting them and clicking “Remove” on the right
- Click the “Add” button and select the OptiFine zip file that you downloaded earlier
- Click the “Add” button and select the GLSL Shaders Mod zip file that you downloaded earlier
- Click “OK” once both OptiFine and GLSL Shaders mod have been added. Optionally test to make sure it works.
- In the “Configuration” drop-down on the main screen of Magic Launcher, select the configuration that you just created and launch it by clicking “Login”. If Minecraft does not start correctly, you didn’t match the versions of Minecraft, OptiFine, and GLSL Shaders Mod. Read step 2 for more information.
- Once in the Minecraft main menu, click “Options” and then “Shaders” and select the shaderpack you downloaded before, then click “Done”. Shaderpacks work much like texturepacks in that you can install many and switch between them at any time.
- Go to “Options > Video Settings > Quality” and make sure “Clear Water” is ON, and “Antialiasing”, “Anisotropic Filtering”, and “Connected Textures” are all OFF.
- Play the game!